In one of the most ambitious space expansion programs in Marriott history, the largest Marriott on earth, the 2,000 room, Orlando World Center Marriott Resort and Convention Center will unveil the largest pillar-free resort ballroom in the country. Following an extensive $200 million transformation, this premier meeting destination will provide planners with more than 400,000 square-feet of flexible space almost entirely on one level and under one roof.
“In 2005 we launched one of the most ambitious expansion programs in Marriott history,” said Tim Swan, director of sales and marketing for the Orlando World Center Marriott Resort and Convention Center. “Orlando is one of the top meeting destinations in the country, and one of the most competitive. We must deliver ample space and flexibility to our clients to successfully create the meeting experience that brings them back year after year,” stated Swan.
A magnificent, column-free, 105,000 square-foot Cypress Ballroom with 10 dedicated loading docks will house up to 596 10x10 booths or seat more than 9,000 attendees at rounds of 10 and 13,000 theatre style. Connected to the existing Palms Ballroom, it can provide an impressive 160,000 square feet of contiguous, pillar-free carpeted meeting space, together with more than 50,000 square feet of pre-function meeting space for added flexibility. Additionally, a variety of outdoor functions can be orchestrated on the vast array of wide-open spaces and terraces that surround or overlook the resort’s million-gallon pool complex, all creating an outstanding 400,000 total square feet of flexible space.
The recipient of distinguished multiple-year industry service awards attained in every possible category, the Orlando World Center Marriott Resort and Convention Center makes it easy for meeting planners to host their meetings with a diverse array of outstanding amenities and services such as the following:
- 2,000 beautifully designed guest rooms, most with spacious balconies and 110 suites including the 3,000 square-foot International Suite, which is among the largest in the Southeast
- Ten restaurants and lounges including Hawk’s Landing Steakhouse & Grille; Ristorante Tuscany, Orlando’s only authentic Tuscan restaurant; and Mikado Japanese Steakhouse
- Marriott’s Signature Red Coat Program, a personalized meetings concierge service with trained staff ready-to-help 24/7
- 18-hole championship Hawk’s Landing Golf Club located right outside the hotel’s front door
- Full service spa and fitness center
- Hot dates that come with lots of incentives, like up to $50,000 in credit to your master account and free internet access in attendee guest rooms
Source : Ehotelier
[tags : malaysiahotelnews hotels malaysia resorts news travel tourism travel vmy2007]