Thursday, June 07, 2007

Melaka Watercity Resort Ordered to Close

The state government has suspended Melaka Watercity Resort’s operations until it clears up its debt of more than RM500,000 to various parties, including its customers, staff, Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB), Syarikat Air Melaka and EPF.

Malacca Chief Minister Datuk Seri Mohd Ali Rustam said the resort, located in Ayer Keroh, had been ordered to shut down by noon next Monday.

Majlis Bandaraya Melaka Bersejarah (MBMB) enforcement officers will be stationed at the resort to make sure that it does not operate.

This decision was made after 906 people from various corporate bodies and non-governmental organisations nationwide were allegedly denied their booked rooms at the resort last weekend.

“There were just too many problems. On checking, we found that the rooms do not have any certificate of fitness (CF) because the resort had not fulfilled the requirements set by the technical department.

“The only buildings with CF were the restaurant, club house and seminar rooms while the rooms do not have it and this cannot be compromised,” said Mohd Ali after chairing the exco meeting at Seri Negeri here yesterday.

Mohd Ali said from now on, MBMB would also impose stricter rules and conditions on hotels facing such problems because the Government did not want such incidents to recur.

“If the hotels or resorts want to operate again, they must have the licence from MBMB and also the Tourism Ministry.

“For Watercity Resort, the management must return all the money collected from those who were denied their rooms.

“They must also pay up all outstanding salaries to their staff and also settle all other debts,” said Mohd Ali, adding the resort, owned by a local company, must also give a guarantee that such an incident would not happen again.



Source : STAR
[tags : ]

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

where can i lodge an official complaint against this resort, and would like the state government to give me an answer/advise as to my complaint.

i was there with my family may 30 - jun 1. i signed on for 2 nites coz of the wonderful stuff they say abt this place over their website.

to my dissappointment/ and horror, the rooms were horrendious. no air-con, but blowing hot air. seeked maintenance only to wait the whole day w/o help. rooms had no utilities, no kettle, nothing as would have of a paid room.

room covers breakfast. i had a 2 room apartment = brkfast for 4 pax. @ 9am my fmy was at b/f. by then, no more food. when asked the kitchen, the delayed reply. then the told us no more b/f coz they are finished.

by then, others were still coming in but were worst off then us.

i checked out after 1 night and moved to the city.

i regretted staying there. i still had to pay them. otherwise i would be running away. but i wasted my rm330++ for this 1 night.

MELAKA WATERCITY RESORT cheated my of my family's vacation. They cheated me of my belief in the services of the resort. They cheated my money.

If you need proof of purchase (of room), i have them and can provide. I seek justice here. And by the way, I'm Malaysian. I can't afford the cheating, unlike the rest of the ppl would there with me, they're Singaporeans. I'm Malaysian.

Anonymous said...

Dear anonymous

So sorry to hear what you went thru. I am afraid that MHN only aggregate news on Hotels & Tourism-related information, and can't help you with your complaint.

Can we suggest that you write in to Malaysia Association of Hotels. Perhaps they can help you.


C5-3 Wisma MAH, Jalan Ampang Utama 1/1, One Ampang Avenue
68000 Ampang Kuala Lumpur MALAYSIA
Tel: 6-03-4251 8477
Fax: 6-03-4252 8477
Email - info@hotels.org.my
Website - http://www.hotels.org.my/feedback.php


Alternatively, you can contact Star Newspaper
Link: http://thestar.com.my/info/write2us.asp

Anonymous said...

pointing me to the correct direction is already helping. will follow up with the necessary. thank you MHN.

mag.nolia said...

I dunno why I feel sooooo relieved, so validated that they're been told to close down! Good riddence!

Anyway, here's my whole list of complaints about the "resort". Skip the first half please... http://blog.hartini.com/2006/12/what-holiday/

Anonymous said...

I was there on last November. Loved the relaxed atmosphere in the evenings, very windy. A remarkable prestige in service quality that I can find in here falls beyond my expectation,I think this resort is under new management and their services is more better nowadays.

Anonymous said...

good day everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I was looking for the sake of that meticulous model. The prices as regards the shoes were around 340 dollars everwhere. But for all I bring about this locate selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy these. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

hello everyone. I'm really into shoes and I had been digging allowing for regarding that exact make. The prices due to the fact that the boots are all over 190 bucks on every site. But completely I bring about this location selling them for the benefit of half price. I exceptionally love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy them. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

good day ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I had been searching as far as something that meticulous brand. The prices seeking the shoes were approximately 310 bucks on every site. But finally I set this site selling them for half price. I exceptionally want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order them. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

good morning ppl. I'm really into shoes and I have been digging for that singular model. The prices as regards the boots are approximately 210 bucks on every site. But for all I set this area selling them for half price. I in reality like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy them. what can you tell me about these?

 

 

 

Related Posts with Thumbnails