Tourism Minister Datuk Seri Tengku Adnan Tengku Mansor and his deputy Datuk Donald Lim will meet Malaysian Association of Tour and Travel Agents (Matta) representatives today to come up with guidelines to tackle the issue of travellers who are cheated by travel agents.
“We will be mainly discussing two issues. Firstly, we are going to hear suggestions from Matta and come out with some of our own ideas on how to tackle this issue and to prevent it from happening again.
“We will try to work out guidelines viable for the industry. This is to help travel consumers as a whole,” Lim said after launching the Edu-Tourism Programme by ELS Language Centres yesterday.
The second issue, he said, was to discuss how Matta would be able to assist some 150 travellers who had been robbed of their fully-paid vacations, when their tour agent Excellence Holidays Sdn Bhd went bust and cancelled everything at the eleventh hour.
“We also want to hear how they plan to assist the travellers in this particular case,” he said.
- Matta seeks to protect travellers by Mandatory Insurance Coverage
- Happy Ending for Elderly Couple after losing RM20K to Excellence Travel
- Stranded by Excellence, 150 report losses to Matta
- Ministry Awaiting Report from Matta before assiting Travellers
- Matta seeks people affected by Excellence Travel Agency going bust
- Cops go Regional in Hunt for Excellence Holidays Directors
- Excellence Holiday Directors on the Run
- Excellence Holidays causing jeopardy for MATTA
- Travellers won’t get their money back
- Directors of Travel Agency may be blacklisted
Source : STAR
[tags : malaysiahotelnews hotels malaysia resorts news travel tourism travel vmy2007]