The Tourism Minister will only decide how it can assist the stranded travellers who were customers of Excellence Holidays Sdn Bhd after it had received a full report from the Malaysian Association of Tour and Travel Agents (Matta)
Deputy Minister Datuk Donald Lim Siang Chai said Matta was compiling the relevant data to assist the ministry in its investigation.
“Once we receive it from Matta, we will look into possible ways to assist the travellers,” he told reporters after launching the SME Recognition Award 2007 here yesterday.
Lim said the two Excellence directors, Chan Kean Mun and his former wife Chong Suk Yen, were believed to have absconded after the company went bust.
He claimed that the two had fled the country with at least RM500,000, which was the proceeds from the sales of tickets and travel packages during the Matta Fair in March.
However, its was reported that a friend of Chong claimed that she was still in the country and was finding ways to resolve the matter.
Lim urged those affected to call Matta at 03-9287 6820 or e-mail the association at email@example.com.
- Matta seeks people affected by Excellence Travel Agency going bust
- Cops go Regional in Hunt for Excellence Holidays Directors
- Excellence Holiday Directors on the Run
- Excellence Holidays causing jeopardy for MATTA
- Travellers won’t get their money back
- Directors of Travel Agency may be blacklisted
Source : STAR
[tags : malaysiahotelnews hotels malaysia resorts news travel tourism travel vmy2007]