Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Charged by Hotel for Minibar Items

Charged by hotel for unused items
-by DAWN CHAN, NAJIAH NAJIB and NURFAINIE IRDINA GANI -

KHAIRANI, of Bandar Sri Damansara, is annoyed that a hotel in Penang had charged her credit card for minibar items she didn’t take. She made an advance payment of RM550 when she booked a room at the Evergreen Laurel Hotel for the first two days of Hari Raya.

When she checked in on Oct 24, the front office staff asked for her credit card for a pre-authorised sale.

“The hotel didn’t mention about any additional charges when I checked out on Oct 26,she says.

KHAIRANI says on Oct 31, she discovered via on-line that her credit card was charged RM74.75 on Oct 27 for six canned drinks taken from her room’s minibar, four of which were alcoholic.

“When I called the hotel for clarification, the front office manager insisted that I had taken the items. I insisted I never took the drinks.“ This is outrageous. I’m a Muslim. Is he suggesting that I consume alcohol? asks KHAIRANI.

EVERGREEN Laurel Hotel executive assistant manager Anthony Ang apologises to the complainant for the misunderstanding. He says the hotel will lift the charges from her credit card. Ang says the complainant has been informed and the matter has been resolved .

News Source : MalayMail

[tags : ]

No comments:

 

 

 

Related Posts with Thumbnails