Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Robbers in guise of cab drivers at KLIA

Beware of “taxi drivers” who claim that they had been sent by your family members to pick you up at the KLIA. They may be robbers.

Police have received several reports about such “taxi drivers” who robbed their victims of cash and passports after taking them on a terror ride.

A 20-year-old man from Sri Lanka was the latest victim on Tuesday.

The man, who declined to be named, said he was waiting for his aunt after landing at KLIA when a man asked him who he was waiting for.

“When I said that I was waiting for my aunt, he said that she had sent him to pick me up.

“I hesitated but was persuaded after he called someone on his mobile phone and said that he had just spoken to my aunt.

“When I got into the taxi, he asked me to hand him my passport and cash claiming that it would be easier for him to deal with the authorities in case there was a roadblock.

“Halfway through the journey, three men got into the taxi,” he said, adding that he felt intimidated as they looked like thugs.

“The driver dropped me off at KL Sentral and sped off with my passport and cash,” he added.




Source : STAR
[tags : ]

No comments:

 

 

 

Related Posts with Thumbnails